Saturday, November 04, 2017

Feeling blue

One-twelfth scale modern miniature scene with several New-Zealand  themed pictures on a wall papered in pasifika paper above a chest of drawers: all in shades of teal and white.
While tidying up my studio (again) this afternoon, I came across a collection of random bits that seemed to work rather well together: a couple of pieces of paper ephemera from the de-accession sale I went to while interning at Te Papa way back in 2010, a sign from an Avant Card I picked up in early 2015 (or prior: I can't find mention of it on my blog), and a wooden cross from my most recent trip to Wellington).

Before I knew it, I'd pulled out a piece of the pasifika-themed scrapbooking paper bought on the same trip, and the Lori's Loft dresser I picked up in February, and had thrown together the scene above.

I'm not sure if I feel the love enough to transform it into something bigger, or just leave it at that. I'll think about it and see how I feel tomorrow...

No comments :