Saturday, October 14, 2017

Saturday, and so many kits

After last night's win, this afternoon I felt the urge to return to The Tub of Undone and see what else I could complete quickly and tick off the list.
Cutting mat with a ruler, tweezers, cutting knife and tube of Weldbond glue arranged on it. To the right is a package of baking paper and to the back is a tub of miniature kits.
The first kit I pulled out was a Punch and Judy theatre by Jewel Lewis, which I got at last year's NZAME convention but didn't seem to blog about. Probably because I didn't actually buy it, but won it from a lucky ticket thingo.

You've seen Jewel's work on the blog before, and I'd obviously just dumped this kit into the tub when I got home, without opening it. Because today when I opened it I found that it included Punch. And Judy. And even Toby:
One-twelfth scale miniature Punch and Judy figures next to a card which reads 'Punch and Judy Toby A gift from Jewel'
(So much detail, as usual for Jewel...)
Close up of a one-twelfth scale Judy puppet.
I actually put this kit back in the tub because I have no need for a Punch and Judy theatre at the moment and figured I might need the components at a later stage. But I was feeling very happy to know about the figures!

Another Jewel Lewis purchase from last year's NZAME Convention that I did blog about is the Very Small Dollshouse.
'Very small dollshouse' in its packaging, on a cutting board with a cutting knife next to it.
Which, as it states on the packaging, is very small.
Pieces of a 'Very small dollshouse' and instruction sheet, arranged on a cutting board.
So small, in fact, that I found that my reading glasses weren't enough for working on it and so I had to go rummage in my embroidery stash and pull out my neck magnifier as well*.
Side of a 'Very small dollshouse' displayed on the tip of a cutting knife, and showing the details of windows, siding and chimney laser-cut into it.
While on the subject of very small houses, I started on Jane Harrop's House shelves kit.
Pieces of a one-twelfth scale house shelves kit and instruction sheet, arranged on a cutting board with a ruler, cutting knife and tweezers.
I'd been putting this off because I thought I could perhaps bash it into a miniature version of IKEA's FLISAT house (which, if you're wondering, is still sitting in my laundry half-built). I decided to just go with the kit instructions.

While waiting for glue on my two tiny houses to dry, I unpacked the Chrysnbon cookware kit I bought at last year's Sydney show and sorted out the contents (sorting and re-bagging them and putting them back in the tub for similar reasons to Punch and Judy kit).
Plastic one-twelfth scale cookware kit pieces, dumped on a cutting board with some still on their sprues.
Another kit sourced from the Sydney show (but the year before's), did actually meet the glue:
Pieces of a one-twelfth scale plastic storage crate, laid out on a cutting board.
And while I was pulling out the Jane Harrop House shelves kit, I spotted this:
Photograph of a one-twelfth industrial trolley kit, with the kit pieces laid out beneath.
Which seems far too clean and tidy for my tastes, but which I plan to grunge up rather a lot. Starting with the wheels:
Wheels from a one-twelfth industrial trolley kit mounted on skewers and painted black and rusty shades.
So in terms of completion, I'm not doing very well (what with waiting for glue and paint to dry), but I feel like I'm definitely making good progress...

(*Getting old sucks)

1 comment :

elizabeth s said...

Sometimes just getting re-aquainted with the kits in your stash, is enough. I often forget what I have too and need to be reminded before I go and re-order something which I already have, and/or completing a kit can inspire a new build to showcase it, either way it is a Win Win situation.
I love the pull cart!