Monday, January 02, 2017

Monday: making a start

My excuse for not getting to this yesterday was that I'd banned myself from the internet. And my studio. Which doesn't actually make any sense (the excuse, not the banning), as I work on things like this downstairs on the workbench in the kitchen. Where I'm not banned at all.
One-twelfth scale miniature kit pieces for an Alvar Aalto trolley 900, laid out with the instruction sheets and a photo of the original for reference.
 *shrug* I really just needed a break to focus on other stuff.
One-twelfth scale miniature kit pieces for an Alvar Aalto trolley 900, stained, painted or varnished and laid out to dry.
But now I've stained the wooden bits (but not the papery bits as when I did a test on the bottom of the basket it came out much darker that I'd planned: so I just varnished those to deepen the colour a bit), and undercoated one side of the wheels.

And then we wait for things to dry so I can deal with the other side of them. Then wait some more. And then, finally (and hopefully) glue it all together so I can admire its beauty, and make it a scene.

1 comment :

Kathy S. said...

That's such a beautiful tea trolley!