Sunday, August 11, 2013

Tiny things at Trash and Treasure

An out-of-town friend was in town this weekend, and it's tradition when she's here,  that we meet up for a spot of Trash and Treasure market trawling followed by brunch.

Imagine my surprise to find a copy of Nutshell News on a stall at the Woden market:
 (Imagine my further surprise when I looked up and spotted a woman with a pile of Dolls House World magazines and a box of 1970s Lundby furniture! Unfortunately she had just finished buying them. But fortunately it was Ann Dowdall, wife of James, so I was pleased they were going to a good home.)

I bought a box of beautiful  bits for $5, particularly for the typewriter and the box of cutlery:
I also bought the vintage TV for $5 and paid $2 for the basket on the floor and the sea urchins on top of the TV. The blue Jean furniture, the grey cabinet and the Playmobil figure came from a $3 bucket of plastic toys found at the Jamison market.
(Total cost for everything in the picture, plus many more bits, was $15)

Also spotted this morning was this vintage Tonka camper van (parked, you notice, outside of an almost identical full sized version):
But since the asking price was $180, it stayed right where it was...

5 comments :

Mini Dork said...

What a haul! Great finds, can't wait to see what you do with them! That winnepago is too cool, but not for $180.

Jodie said...

I wish I knew where to begin buying small stuff, but then again, it might open up a whole new can of worms better left alone...

Kikka N said...

Great finds!
Hugs
Kikka

The grandmommy said...

Cool! Did you leave there whistling and skipping? I would have. LOL

AMCSviatko said...

I did, a bit. :-)