Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Buzz Bar (Yellow table part 3A)

After making brunch, I decided to continue work on the cafe I started tinkering with this morning.
The first step was moving it across the room as it was feeling very cramped set up in the spot I usually use for making scenes. This gave me the opportunity to put flooring down and wall coverings up.
The left side of the build is still very much a work in progress, using a counter and table from my collection, wrapped in paper (I'd planned, at the very least to laminate the paper but forgot. And as the build continued I started to think the coffee bean paper is probably a mistake and should be replaced with some black corrugated card instead.)

I'm really enjoying being able to stretch out with the length of this space. And am ignoring the fact I haven't got the skirting boards in yet!
The menu I printed off the internet looks much better against the black walls and I like the shelving I've added along the wall underneath which is used as a juice station.
And the sneeze guard? One of my clear perspex hall tables turned on its side. Genius (If I say so myself).
An up-to-date toilet facility is through the door at the rear (which is currently without a door handle: whoops!)
 The right side of the cafe hasn't changed much since this morning's mock up. I plan to change the table legs and buy some black plastic shot glasses (like these) to use as stools, but these will do in the meantime. The feature wall is a design by local artist Kate Ward.
Doesn't it look like a nice relaxing spot to have a break from shopping
(or catch up on some work)? 

Outside I've created a scene using some street art I photographed in Braddon, not far from where one of my inspiration cafes is. Can you see it through the window?
Finally, here's the whole scene set up on my work bench. I think I'll leave it there for a while and tinker with it.

6 comments :

Michaela said...

Love this - my cafe on a budget isn't going to be anywhere near this good! The yellow really does make for a striking contrast. Lovely stuff!

Mad For Mod said...

This is great! The black walls are awesome and the yellow table really is a stand out. I also really like the coffee beans...even though I hate coffee in real life. Do they serve tea?

AMCSviatko said...

Definitely serve tea: see photos six and seven :-D

AMCSviatko said...

Michaela: I'm not sure about that: the flooring is made from bamboo table runners, the walls are cardboard, the black paper is from the newsagents. The black table tops were from a set of coasters which I got from an op shop for $4 and the 'stools' are kaleidoscopes from a museum shop which were a couple of dollars each. The yellow table a $4 show find and the benches came from a $9 DHE set of two benches and a table.

Unknown said...

Love it and I love the water cooler to! as always great eye for the perfect scene

elizabeth s said...

You've done a Terrific job of fleshing out your Coffee Shop display!