Monday, August 27, 2012

How much do I love the 21st century?

See this plastic plant pot?
I made it. Not using a 3D printer, but with my own two hands and some Plastimake supplied by a workmate.

It's a bit rough but it was my first try at using this fabulous modelling compound which you soften with hot water then mould into shape before letting air dry*.

Our workplace art group is playing with it more on Thursday. I'l be sure to show you what other miniature uses I think up for it...

(*Even better, if you're not happy with the end result, just dunk it back into the hot water and use again for something else!)

6 comments :

Hannah said...

Looks great! I'd never have guessed that pot could look so impressive.

Pepper said...

Dagnabbit...someone gave me a pack of that stuff ages ago and I didn't have the sense to use it in miniature. Cool vase =0)

Mini Dork said...

Very cool. Looking forward to what you do with it next.

Mad For Mod said...

Very Cool! I used something like that a couple of years ago to make fangs for a Halloween costume.

business marketing said...

This century has developed so many things that one cannot even imagine and as a result the world is at a great growth.

Kathi said...

Looks like amazing stuff! Thanks for the link to this product. So many possibilities! Love your vase. :D