Friday, April 02, 2010

Because boys can be textile artists too

While chatting to Textile artist Paull McKee last night at Pecha Kucha, I remembered I hadn't yet blogged Pearl Barley and Charlie Parsley by Aaron Blabey: (he also wrote the excellent Sunday Chutney which resonated with me as a Broadcasting brat who moved cities fairly regularly through childhood. Hell, I even had glasses.)

I have childhood memories of my father knitting (both by hand and using our knitting machine) and crocheting. One childhood outfit I remember in particular was one of those knitted pleated skirts attached to a white top part (In my instance, made out of old nappies) and a matching red jumper, to be worn over it. I seem to recall yellow and black striping around the edges, and both my parents working on it...

No comments :