Sunday, November 15, 2009

Corners of my (messy) home

I wanted to share the very fine black and white rubber band ball I picked up at the National Portrait Gallery Store yesterday. But by the time I got home from work today the light was going and, as I looked over to where I'd popped the ball yesterday before getting back to work on the The Big Very Important (Scary) Final Brief, I decided I should document what my work space really looks like at the moment: (Clockwise from left: lace from a bag I bought the other day that I haven't put away yet. Empty tea mug and Keep Cup. Packs of Lifesavers I need to post to my mother, who tells me they're no longer available in New Zealand. Op shopped dangly things to be turned into stitch makers. Beautiful black and white rubber band ball. White tape measure to replace dead white tape measure. Free black and white (and red) jellybeans from the Canberra Theatre 2010 subscription launch. Lundby lights waiting for payment before I box and post them. Knitting nancy and random piece of ribbon from my weaving. EBay invoice. New sketches for The Big Very Important (Scary) Final Brief. Avant card I want to send to a friend. And the omnipresent To Do list.

I keep kidding myself that I'll get on top of it all soon. Definitely after final assessment on the 24th. But first I have a seven day working week to get through. And a brief to finish. And a mountain of stock sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor to pack up and arrange to get sent back to my distributor...

No comments :