Saturday, April 04, 2009

I took it as a sign

when a post I read on Yarnstorm this morning mentioned Mon Oncle.

I decided I really really REALLY had to see this film. And soon.


Then, out of the depths of the back of my brain, a little voice piped up "Why don't you see if Electric Shadows still hires videos? They're sure to have it if they do."

Electric Shadows video library? I'd completely forgotten it existed. A quick google search was followed by a little trip in Miss Daisy and now, $5 later, I have the perfect overcast Saturday afternoon planned:

5 comments :

m1k1 said...

I predict there will be laughing out loud. Have towel handy if you plan on eating marshmallow eggs while watching.
Then there's M.Hulot's Holiday...

Helen said...

You must see Les vacances de M. Hulot. There is another one where he steps over imaginary strings. I can't remember anything else but it is pure delirium. Walked 10 miles yesterday just to see if I could do it. I have to stop travelling in my head. Love Helen

*annina* said...

jaques tati has been one of my favourites since i was a child! les vacances de m hulot is amazing so is jour de fete! unfortunately i haven't seen mon oncle yet.

Anonymous said...

There goes THAT birthday pres idea! Very good though, I hope Electric Shadows has the others?

Kerry

AMCSviatko said...

I believe they do but after having watched 6 movies since last Saturday I think I need a little rest...