Monday, December 08, 2008

Modern Miniatures on Monday: Walls and windows


(Part five of a series about the renovation of my Triang V bungalow. Read Part onePart twoPart threePart four, Part six, and Part seven.)
_________________________________________________________________________
Things are moving along nicely. This week I've reattached the uprights and glued the edge papers back onto the front and bolted it back onto the base. The side panels have been cleaned, the edges mended and I worked on the pencil scribbles to make them less noticeable, walking the fine line between removing the pencil and removing the brick pattern on the paper! (See the before picture here)

I soaked the unattached windows and doors in warm water and dishwashing liquid which cleaned off the sellotape residue nicely. I left this one in its original state for now as it has been broken in two and taped back together and I want to work out how to fix it properly before I remove the existing tape: Happily, it gives you a wonderful sense of before and after:Speaking of happy, I was happy to notice while scraping softened sellotape residue off the window panes that two of the three still had one strut left attached to them, so I was able to replace them in their frames with the strut at the bottom and they should stay there unless they get knocked.The middle section of the window is still empty as I haven't yet ferreted out my overhead projector sheets to cut a new pane.This window pane is without struts at all so I need to work out the best way to reattach it safely. There's also one of these missing completely which I'll need to replace with more overhead projector plastic.

But we finally have a front door!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Firstly, try using super glue (which an acrylamide adhesive)to fix the window.
Secondly, my wife enjoys your blog and trying to avoid you at fetes and op shops.

AMCSviatko said...

Yay! An anti stalker! How cool...